Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Babies must be super itchy

So as I believe I mentioned in a previous post, I had a bit of a 4th of July mishap and absolutely destroyed my knee.  Since then, and with the help of tons of Neosporin, my little knee has been working night and day to make some brand spankin' new skin.  (I had completely forgotten what a pain in the neck [or knee] skinned knees are!)

Well, let me just say that as my knee has healed (it's about 90% okay now) I've rediscovered just how much new skin itches. I mean, seriously...it's almost unbearable at times.  And if I make the grave mistake of beginning to scratch one little part, the whole thing explodes in a deadly mixture of pleasure/itchy agony and I can barely stop scratching.

Given this little reminder, a random thought crossed my mind: newborn babies, with all that brand new skin, must be the itchiest creatures on the entire planet!!!

3 comments:

  1. Further: No nails to itch with! No wonder they cry so much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whan I saw the title of this post on twitter, I was really wondering where you were going with this whole "babies must be itchy thing." I can tell you, my mind came up with some pretty interesting scenarios...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathan, I think you're on to something!

    Mel, I figure I've got to lure people in with some mystery. :)

    ReplyDelete