Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Why work when you can blog?

This morning I got called an "SLB" by a co-worker.  I'd never heard that before, but was pleasantly surprised that it stood for "Skinny Little Bitch."  I'm pretty sure the "Skinny" part is still a stretch, but I liked it.  Sure, the reason she called me that in the first place is because my pants are literally falling down today, but I'll take it nonetheless.  I really do need to do some shopping though.  I only really have a couple pairs of pants that fit like they should.  I was trying to hold off until I got down to the weight I wanted, but clearly some interim clothing is a must.  Yesterday also gave me some positive reinforcement from a couple other people on my weight-loss.  Those little things are what keep me going when I find myself getting a little slack with my eating habits.

On to other topics...my new favorite TV show is 'The Voice' on NBC.  Partly because I love the concept of choosing the singers based on their talent alone...


and partly because I'd forgotten how cute Adam is...


I prefer him clean shaven, but a little shadow looks pretty dreamy as well.  Personally, I think that he's compiled the best "team" so far, but I may be a little biased.  The battle rounds start tonight so I'm hoping that some of my favorites make it through (I'm rooting for you, Javier Colon and Jeff Jenkins!!!)

Next Monday is my Dad's 60th birthday!  I can't believe he's hitting 60, but I'm so thankful to have him in my life.  He's healthy and active for his age, and I get to see him every weekend at the very least - I couldn't ask for more.  On Sunday, my brothers and I will be taking him golfing in the morning and then out for some grub in the afternoon/evening.  I haven't swung a club in months, but since The Players Championship is this weekend it seems like as good a time as any to hit the links.

Okay, since I am at work, maybe I should actually go do some.

No comments:

Post a Comment