Monday, December 12, 2011

The Holiday Season in Full Swing

Okay, so yes...I've been beyond lax in keeping up with my blog (and yes, I realize I've started posts this way in the past!) but when things get busy this blog is the last thing on my mind.  I hope that everyone reading this is having a great holiday season thus far though!  Sure, Christmas music has been on the radio since before Thanksgiving, but it's only once we're into December that it really feels appropriate to get into the Christmas spirit.

So far I've been (and dragged my boyfriend along) to a masquerade Christmas party and a work holiday party--if there was a contest between the two, the masquerade party would have won hands down.  It's not that the work party was terrible, the company we were with was great, it's just that the party committee tried to implement a group game that was a total bust and completely killed the mood.  Plus, only giving everyone two drink tickets (regardless of if you were bringing a guest or not) was a buzz kill...no thank you to the $6 domestic bottles!

This year is also the first year I've had a Christmas tree at my house.  My family has always been an artificial tree family, but my boyfriend's family has always been a real tree family.  In the debate-that-wasn't-really-a-debate, it was decided that we would get a real tree this year.  (I'm still holding out hope that we'll do artificial next year, but I'm not too optimistic)  I dubbed the tree "Steve" (much to the chagrin of my boyfriend) and we proceeded to make him beautiful:


As you can see, we didn't start off small with my first household Christmas tree.  Nope.  Steve comes in at about 8' or so and is quite full.  He did turn out very pretty though and I'm kind of in love.  :)  I'm definitely looking forward to exchanging gifts and sharing quality time with family, friends, & loved ones in just a couple weeks.  I'd love to know what you and your loved ones are doing to make this holiday season special so please feel free to share in the comments.

In the meantime, Merry Christmas everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone is going to fault you on not having posted in a while. Lord knows I've been right-out for the last few months and blog posting is really not the first thing I think of when I come home.

    The Christmas party was disappointing, yes. I actually had another party right after that one which was made better by the liberal application of alcohol.

    As far as personal Christmas goes, it's insanity down to the wire, as-per-ususal. Gift buying, crazy list updating and generally acting like mad people as we scramble for the last hurrah of the year.

    Personally, I'll do without and just sleep in. No "bah humbug", just sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for not chastising me for failing to update this thing at regular intervals. Way too busy!!! It seems to be the general concensus that the Christmas party was disappointing this year - a shame since I really enjoyed it last year. At least your second party applied the alcohol much more liberally! We hit up Dos Gatos after the party and that was much more entertaining, thanks in large part to the alcohol consumed.

    Sleep sounds delightful right now. I just have this week left at work and then I'm off till the new year, but my time off is filling up quickly with things to do so I'm not sure how much sleep will be captured. Hopefully enough to start the new year well rested!

    I hope your non-ocelot-cat hasn't destroyed the tree yet. :)

    ReplyDelete