Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Staycation Update

Just a few more days until Christmas and I'm officially on my 4th day of this whole "vacation to nowhere" I'm on...and I'm loving it!  Yes, admittedly it would be nicer if my boyfriend actually got time off for the holidays so we could spend some extra time together, but as a substitute this time off has provided a chance for some quality time with my family, particularly my mother.  Yesterday we did our annual "big shopping day" at the surprisingly empty mall.  I managed to finish up all my shopping, save for one thing that I will get at Target later today.  Hooray for that!  We'll likely go back next week to take advantage of the post-Christmas sales.

Yesterday was also my younger brother's 30th birthday.  Talk about making us all feel old when the "baby" of the family has now left his 20's behind!!!  Still, it was a nice chance to get the family together for dinner last night - something we only seem to get to do for special occasions anymore.

Today I'll be playing hostess to my mother and aunt...I guess my aunt has been bugging my mom about not ever seeing my house since I really moved in an decorated (THREE years ago) so today we're going to put that complaint to rest.  Currently, the A/C people are here doing their bi-annual check-up of the system.  Once they leave it'll be off to the store for me to stock up on supplies and perhaps a snack or two so I can be a good hostess later.  That's a new role for me to play so I guess a little practice is in order.

Here's to another great day on my vacation to nowhere!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment