Thursday, March 24, 2011

After much posting delay...9 weeks are complete

Hello, hello!  So admittedly I've been a slacker about blogging lately.  Things have just been really busy and I haven't had time to sit down to write anything.  Shh!  I probably shouldn't be writing right now since I'm at work, but I figured I needed to at least get a quick post in.  My WW journey has continued.  Yesterday was the 9 week mark and I'm happy to report that I've now lost a total of 25.8 pounds!!!  I can hardly believe it myself; while it's been tough at times, it has been relatively steady progress and that has been a great motivator for me.  I have exactly one month (31 days) until I leave on my vacation to St. Kitts so I'm really hoping to drop at least another 5 lbs by then.  10 lbs would be even better, but that's going to take a lot of work. 

I've been a little better about working out - lately I've been hooked on the stationary bike at my neighborhood gym.  The benefits to this workout are twofold: (1) it's lower impact on my knees (which are a daily reminder that I'm getting old and my body is breaking down), and (2) I'm able to read while I'm working out (which is wonderful since I've got a stack of books to read and not enough time in which to do it!).  I'm hoping to maintain a 4-day a week workout schedule to start to tone up.  We'll see if that lasts...

In unrelated news, I think I'm going to do some car shopping this weekend.  In case you don't recall, my car was totaled by an idiot back on October 5th.  For financial reasons, my Dad was nice enough to buy a new car for himself and sell me his 2003 MDX for a really reasonable price so I didn't have to take on a car payment.  And while there is absolutely nothing physically wrong with the car, the abysmal gas mileage is killing me a little bit more every time I fill up at the pump.  I'm looking for a cute, smaller, sporty car that gets great gas mileage.  I'm really leaning back towards a new Acura TSX, but I also want to look at some other cars (like the Lexus HS250 Hybrid!).  If you have any suggestions for a great car that is reliable, (relatively) affordable, and comes with great service, please leave them for me in the comments.  Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Smartcar :)
    Mini Cooper
    Ariel Atom :D (http://www.arielatom.com/)

    I've been counting calories as opposed to the WW point method. 5 pounds since Chicago, which is nice. Especially when you step on the scale every morning to watch it go down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What part of my search for "cute...sporty" cars put an Idiotcar on the list? Or the mini cooper?!? The Ariel Atom made me laugh though.

    Congrats on the 5 lbs! Watching the numbers get smaller is quite gratifying. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ariel Atom is cute and sporty. Perfect. In fact, it outpaces Lamborghini's in a drag race.

    Alternatively, you could pick up one of these svelte Ford Transit's: http://bit.ly/g6Vywg

    If you're feeling more sporty, you could pick up this (admittedly slow) car: http://bit.ly/gjQnWw

    Why limit yourself to one or two car options?

    ReplyDelete