Friday, March 4, 2011

6 weeks

Once again, I'm late on the update on here.  This week has been a little insane at work since we have a new guy starting on Monday so everything needs to get prepped for that; with everything else on my plate, it's just been a rough week.  The previous weekend was a lot of fun though.  My best friend from law school came up from Orlando for the weekend and another friend of ours came down for a night from Fernandina.  I always feel fortunate when I get to spend time with old friends...especially when they're the ones that make it so easy to fall back into your old routine.  It doesn't matter if it's been weeks, months, or even years...some friends will always be great friends.

After a weekend filled with fun in the sun, several adult beverages, and tasty food I was really nervous about this week's weigh-in.  Despite my worries, it was still a 1.2 lb loss putting me at 19.8 pounds in total.  Sweet!!!

Generally, things are pretty good in my life right now.  Work is going well, I'm having the chance to get out with friends more, the weather is changing so more time outside is possible, and I'm feeling better about myself.  Now if only I could manage to break out of the singles life and spend a little time with someone, that would be great!  Unfortunately, the most recent setup/blind date was less than stellar and there aren't any prospects on the horizon.  Surely there's a guy out there that would appreciate my intellect, wit, and fun-natured self, right?  I just haven't met him yet...

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the weigh-in. I might have to knuckle down and try it myself...

    Work has been... crazy. Yes: Crazy; Over the last few days.

    Going to Chicago tomorrow, it'll be nice to see my old friends Snow and Freezing Cold. I've missed them so. Especially in the near-perfect weather we've been having.

    Here's to finding a better date than Nascar McDeerBlind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support...especially since I heard through the grapevine this week from one of my students that another student called me a heifer. Really nice, right? At leat a heifer is a young cow so she wasn't calling me a super fat, old cow...just a little cow.

    Enjoy your trip to Chicago! I've never been, but I hear it's a really great city. For me though, I'd prefer to visit when Snow and Freezing Cold have gone away for a while. :)

    P.S. - perfect nickname!

    ReplyDelete