Wednesday, February 23, 2011

5 Weeks In...

I neglected to post last week...not because it was a bad week (-3.2 last week), but because things got really busy at work and at home.  This week has been a tad more manageable, and despite what I thought was a potentially awful week, I weighed in at -2.2 today.  Overall that puts me at -18.4 pounds!!! I'm pretty excited about that, and I've been hearing some really nice, completely unsolicited compliments from people that I don't see very often.  Those comments are always a nice incentive to keep at it even when it gets more challenging.

Speaking of challenges, I've been challenging myself to move more.  I took the comment from an anonymous reader to heart after my last post...instead of seeing it from the "work" perspective, I'm doing more activities that are "play."  To that end, I've added tennis back into my routine.  My older brother is a tennis pro (not on the tour) so it's silly not to take advantage of that resource.  He's been really great about staying on the court a little longer at least once a week to help me get back into it.  That's not to say that it's been easy though.  I was a Division I tennis player, but you'd never know that now.  I feel like I'm learning to play all over again.  It's embarrassing knowing where I used to be, but I'm making great strides to get back to my former glory every time I take the court.  And you know what?  It has actually been FUN!

I've also started taking my dog for much longer walks whenever I can.  Now that it's staying lighter later, I still feel like there's some daylight to play with when I get home so Oreo has been seeing more time on a leash around the neighborhood...and making more doggy friends.  These "play" activities make it a lot easier to get out there and exercise - and I'm much happier for it.

Here's to another good week...

2 comments:

  1. It’s fun to play…and laugh. I forgot to mention “Let’s Dance!” (like we don’t care…) We can hear the music. The music will carry us as we move. And I think laughter burn calories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dancing would definitely have to be like I don't care, because...well...I'm a terrible dancer! But I absolutely LOVE 'So You Think You Can Dance' when it's on. Maybe it's the admiration for those that can do something so beautiful that I can't even begin to try to do? Then again, attempting to dance would bring on laughter so it's a win-win situation.

    Thanks again, "Anonymous." Whoever you are... :)

    ReplyDelete