Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back to the 80's

I was reading an article in Entertainment Weekly today about Pee-wee Herman's new stage show currently running at Club Nokia in L.A. through February 7th.  Seriously???  Is there really such a dearth of entertainment options that he was booked for an almost 4-week run?  I suppose anything is possible in Hollywood, but surely there have to be some better options.

I'm not saying that I never watched Pee-wee's Playhouse when I was a kid...but even then it was more of a morbid curiosity than anything else.  Frankly, sans illegal substance I'm not sure that show could possibly make sense.  The same could be said for 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' - all that trouble just to get a bicycle back?

Anyway, that's all for today.  If you have any thoughts on Paul Reubens, feel free to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment