Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Reconnected

I've received a ton of forwarded, trite emails over the years telling me that "people come in and out of your life for a reason, don't be upset when they leave, blah blah blah."

Well sometimes people aren't meant to be gone forever and end up resurfacing at the most unexpected times and in the most unexpected ways. Just last week my younger brother ran into a kid he went to grade school with while out at a bar here in Jax. They went to school together in PA! Small world...

Lately I've also had the opportunity to reconnect with some of my friends from my 2 years spent at Pitt. In particular, reconnecting with J has been a real treat. J is one of those people that always had a smile on his face, a kind word to say, and something downright hilarious to add no matter what the situation. When I transferred to UF after 2 years in Pittsburgh we lost touch. Finding each other after more than a decade? Craziness! What's awesome though is that when we had a chance to chat on the phone today for just a few minutes it was as though no time had passed at all. Now that's something really special. Of course we've both changed a bunch since back then, but deep down there's a lot that's the same. I really look forward to picking up our friendship where we left off years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment