Monday, January 18, 2010

Hmm, TOO single?

Is it actually possible to be too single?  I put this out there for you to decide - but I personally think that it IS in fact possible to be "too single."  How do you know when you've attained that distinct level of singleness that's really too single?  One clear indication would have to be when your mother tells you she's been praying novenas for you to meet someone.  Yes, that's novenaS plural...apparently one wasn't cutting it so she went the multiple route.  For those of you that aren't Catholic, a novena is "a form of worship that consists of special prayers or services on nine consecutive days."  Lovely.  At the rate things have been going, my mom will be praying her consecutive novenas indefinitely.

If these novenas are successful though, I expect Mr. Right to come knocking on my door lickity split...that's how it works, right? Maybe one of the furniture delivery men yesterday was actually "the one" and I let him slip right through my fingers.  Shame on me.  Ha!  I love my mom, but she does some pretty amusing/crazy things sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment