Sunday, January 17, 2010

Back to basics

A few years ago (back in the myspace heyday) I used to keep a blog...and there were actually people that read it! Getting some of my thoughts in writing became somewhat cathartic for me but I fell away from the practice when I abandoned that website. To that end, I've decided it's time to start writing again...and maybe people will actually check in from time to time for my perspective on things. I can't promise that my posts will be especially insightful all the time, but I'll do my best to keep them entertaining whenever possible.

Today's musing/query: what happened to the obligatory courtesy wave you're supposed to give when someone lets you go in front of them in heavy traffic? Seriously. I've been monitoring this situation for quite some time and I've noticed that very few people uphold the simple gesture that used to be the norm. I think I'm one of the few that do...at least here in Jacksonville. Sure, it may be difficult to see my wave through my tinted windows, but I always toss one to the good Samaritan that lets me squeeze into the flow of traffic. For me, there's nothing more frustrating than letting someone into traffic in front of you (when they've already been denied access by a half dozen cars in front of you) and they fail to even acknowledge your kindness.

Here's a suggestion for everyone...let's bring the courtesy wave back!!!

1 comment:

  1. Look at you sneaking (back) into the bloggosphere. Glad you weren't blogging when I was one of your bar preppers! Thanks for the comment and I can't wait to keep up with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete