Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy birthday to ME!

Yes, I'll admit, it's definitely a little self-indulgent to dedicate a post to myself on my birthday.  But since no one else is going to do it, I figured I'd pick up the slack.  So here we go...this post is dedicated to an amazing, fabulous, wonderful woman...ME!  :)

I'm really not as excited about my birthday as this post might indicate - but I am definitely a fan of all things me so here we go.  (No, I'm really not "that girl"; I'm changing things for the sake of entertainment.  Sheesh!)

I was reminded over the last day or two how nice it is to receive something in the mail that isn't a bill, circular, magazine, or even something you bought for yourself online.  While those last mailings are indeed welcome, they DO come with a price tag and that's their big downfall.  But a true piece of mail that's just for you and just to brighten your day/wish you well/send some love, etc.?  Well that's some special stuff right there! And a big thank you goes out to the senders of said special stuff.  It's much appreciated!

My birthday celebrations have mellowed in the last couple years.  Coincidentally (or not so coincidentally since we all have to grow up sometime), the last big celebration was the "over the hill" party my friends threw for me on my 30th.  (Aren't they clever?)  My friend, Damien, and I used to have joint birthday parties during the law school and few-years-post-law-school heyday, but now that we live in different cities that tradition has ended.  (Sadface)  Today will instead be a day spent with family in the afternoon/early evening and then I'll meet up with some friends tonight for a few drinks and fun.  Plus, Lent is officially over so I can actually enjoy a soda again (cheers of delight abound).

Let's be honest...I never thought I'd be 32 and single...and I definitely never thought that the vast majority of men I meet and date would continue to be immature and unreliable...but hey, it is what it is.  All things in good time, right?  In the meantime, the rest of my life is pretty great.  And that, my friends, is all that matters.  As long as there's a smile on my face, I really can't complain.  Besides, smiles are free!!!  (My dad always taught me, "if it's free, it's for me" - so I'm sticking with that)

If you're in or around Jax tonight...come share a drink with me!  (Or more precisely, come HAVE a drink with me...I don't want to share...it's my birthday after all and I want my own drink...and in my humble opinion, you deserve your own drink too!)

Cheers! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment