Monday, April 5, 2010

Kids are weird!

So I got to witness some odd child behavior this past weekend when I was taking Oreo for a walk.  There are quite a few kids that live in my neighborhood, but for the most part they're not bad kids.  Weird though?  I'm thinking yes.  It was pretty windy on Saturday afternoon and one of the kids that lives across the street and a couple houses down was trying desperately to stack some empty aluminum cans into a triangle/pyramid.  Why?  I'm not sure...but Mother Nature had other plans for him; every time he'd get to the third level of his stack she would send a gust of wind to blow them all down.  After the 4th or 5th such failure, this kid had apparently had enough.  He let loose with this war cry type shout and started kicking the cans away in frustration.  And here is where it got highly amusing...

I could barely hold the laughter back when I saw him run back into his garage, only to return about 30 seconds later holding one of those foam gardening mats you can kneel on.  Following another shout of rage, he began to use the gardening mat to smash the cans into the sidewalk.  He kept running from can to can, ranting and raving the entire time, crushing cans beneath his mat of destruction.  It was hilarious.  When he finally smashed the last can he proceeded to throw the mat down to the ground with one final shout of rage and bent over, panting and trying to catch his breath.  I'm telling you...this kid was on a mission of vengeance!  And I loved every minute of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment