Sunday, May 2, 2010

Spring has sprung

Ahh...the season of new beginnings.  Flora and fauna alike are abuzz with new life...trees and flowers are blossoming and newborn goslings are the babies I've seen the most of (though I have no doubt just about everything is breeding right about now).

That goes for people too.  It seems like I can't jump online or talk to a friend without hearing about either upcoming nuptials or a little bundle of joy on the way.  This past weekend was spent in Orlando for the wedding of a friend of mine from law school.  It was a lovely wedding and reception and I had an absolute blast seeing some friends I don't get to see as often as I'd like.

I'm going to make a bold statement and say that the speech the groom-to-be gave to my friend during the rehearsal dinner was, quite possibly, the best speech I've heard at any of the many weddings I've attended.  Not only was his rapture readily apparent to everyone there, but he said the absolute sweetest things to his bride-to-be.  (And no, I'm not talking about sappy, cheesy lines that sound lovely but aren't worth much)  His speech was clearly from the heart...spoken from a man to the woman with whom he is madly in love.  As a spectator, it felt like the entire room melted away and all of the guests were given the unique gift of watching an intimate moment of unabashed love between a beautiful couple.  At the end of it all I have no doubt that all the women in the room (married or not) were in love with the groom-to-be...and all the guys that were there with dates were suddenly hating him for setting the bar so high.  :)

Love is a beautiful thing and I'm happy to have had the opportunity to witness so much of it this weekend!  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment