Wednesday, January 19, 2011

And so it begins...again

A Wednesday lunchtime hour weigh-in for WW is a blessing and a curse.  It's a blessing because it's far enough away from the weekend that I'll still have a chance to see a loss on the scale if I fall of the bandwagon on the weekend.  It's a curse because, well, I have to weigh in!  Today it began...but not until after I'd done a little morning binge.  Yes, that's right.  I wanted to weigh in heavy to guarantee a first week loss.  I don't even care if I know that I tried to weigh in heavy.  Seeing a negative (which is really POSITIVE in this case) change on the scale next week will erase any shame in intentionally fattening up pre-weigh-in.  Don't judge me!  :)

Anyway, it truly begins again tomorrow since today was just a half-day of tracking food/drink.  I'm already dreading Friday though because my Grandfather and Uncle are in town to celebrate my Grandfather's 89th birthday on Saturday and we're doing dinner at J. Alexander's on Friday evening.  That place is phenomenal and just thinking of their steak or mile-high French dip sandwich has my taste buds gearing themselves up.  That's where the blessing comes in again.  Any slip by me on Friday can definitely be made up for before next Wednesday's moment of truth on the scale.

Any advice for resisting temptations?

2 comments:

  1. It really is a state of mind. Good on you for doing it, though. I tried WW and wasn't really able to keep track of things reliably.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found an awesome android app that's really easy to use and tracks everything I need. Today's temptation: the Sticky Fingers lunch we ordered for the bar peeps.

    Eeeeeekkkkk!!!!!! Tofu and lima beans for them from now on!

    ReplyDelete