Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ringing in 2011

I rang in the new year at a wedding last night, and I've got to say that it was an unexpectedly awesome way to begin the year.  Besides the whole "drinking for free on new year's" aspect, it was really special to spend the evening surrounded by love, excitement, and happiness.  Those feelings are infectious and I couldn't help but smile my way into 2011.  For an evening that typically falls short of expectations (I've previously had very few, if any, truly great new year's eves), last night was one to remember.  I wish a lifetime of love and happiness for the newly wedded couple.

Thinking of this new year in general, there's something that seems so "brand new" about the 1/1/11 date we have today...like it's a fresh start, a clean slate, a chance to begin all over again.  While I have definitely had some great experiences, accomplishments, and memories in past years, there are still things that I'm working towards and wishing for.  Here's to hoping that 2011 is a great year for myself and everyone else too.  While people typically make resolutions at the start of each year, more often than not those resolutions fall short of fruition.  Therefore, I'm not making any resolutions this year.  Rather, I'm choosing to live my life as best I can each day...hopefully giving more of myself to others and receiving satisfaction and happiness in return.  How did you spend your new year's eve and what's your plan/goal for the new year???

No comments:

Post a Comment